Saturday, November 22, 2014

Back again......

Been a while since my last blog. I do Safety Training here in Northwestern Ontario and was in Ignace,Ontario 2 weeks ago doing some training, then last weekend was in Las Vegas for some RnR, did some shooting at Gun Garage Top Notch Place), went on the High Roller Pod Ride and overlooked the City from there, breathtaking.
Got home on Tuesday and then was up at 5 a.m. and drove 4 hours to Nakina,Ontario and then took a flight via Nakina Air on a Cessna Caravan to Marten Falls(Ogoki Post) First Nations, Marten Falls sits right along the mighty Albany River. Beautiful sunrises when one is North of 50 and snow all around. This week coming I will be on the road again and in Lac Seul First Nation doing chainsaw training, this is a 4 hour drive west this time, and I hope no snow while on the road. 

Anyway:Here is an update:

Well back home for a few more days and on the road again Tuesday. I left -20c yesterday (Friday) and today in the Bay we have +3c and tomorrow calling for +9c. Did the firmware upgrade to the Xiegu X108 today and made some of the changes to the menus will try later when my LiOn charger is done charging the PRC104 battery. Also got the updated YouKits TJ5A that I need to test out and see how it works.
 I also received my RTL SDR radio that I need to play with and see how that works as well, should be lots of fun I think, I want to use it for receiving HF weather maps. And if it works well enough it is small enough to take with me while I am up north and with a small antenna can listen to the bands like that.
Have a great weekend gang.

No comments:

Post a Comment