Monday, January 18, 2016

YouKits HB1B MKIII Transceiver

First off I want to wish all who read my blog page a very Happy New Year and all the best in 2016.
I have been a bit behind on blog writing as I have been busy with family, holidays, our business, enjoying the great outdoors, the vast playground that mother nature has given us, and making the best I can with what we have before us.

Many of my outdoor outings can be seen on my YouTube Channels which incorporate, radio, outdoor survival and more.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74xnqwQpvBjHGWoxqsko5A
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHUb38-M7mysKSKGjJ5IgSA

I have had the great opportunity to test and review the latest of great radios from Yimin at YouKits Canada. His webpage can be found here:
YouKits Canada

As many of you know I am a huge fan of the HB1B MKII and that it travels with me to many of the remote, fly-in communities in Northern Ontario that I travel too, the radios have fantastic receivers, great filters, and last forever on the battery pack in these radios. I usually compliment the system with a Elecraft T-1 tuner, micro switch key and small amplified speaker along with a zip cord antenna that all fit in a small tupperware container, is light weight and ready to go either from a outside area where I am staying or even in my room.

So to continue with the first part of my review. 
The radio arrived in only a few short days after Yimin sent me the
tracking number, and was sent via TNT and delivered to me. The radio was nicely packaged and no signs of damage were seen on the package.








It was well wrapped both outside and inside, once the box was opened it included the radio, charger for battery, extra battery holder.

I opened the radio up and installed the rechargeable battery and then charged the battery up getting it ready for action. The charging process for first time around took just over an hour to get the LED to GREEN and in run state.





  

Some of the specs from the YouKits webpage:
  • 2015 New version with SWR indicator,
  • QSK - full break- in,
  • New IC and hardware upgraded,
  • Assembed unit, tested and ready to use. 
  • 5 amateur band in one rig, no module needed. (17m band also workable, but may lower sensitive, sharing filter with 15m),
  • TX covering: 40m/30m/20m/17m/15m,
  • RX covering:5.9-22MHz,
  • Step: 10Hz,100Hz,1KHz,100KHz,
  • Output: 12V 4-5W,
  • Sidetone: 700Hz,
  • Display: Frequency,mode,voltage,S meter,RIT,forward and reserve power. 
  • IF filter 400Hz - 3KHz
The manual for the radio can be found here:
HB1B MKIII Manual

I will continue my review with the radio in action via video and of course through the blog page.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HELLO
    my name is Charlie (IK1BZW) Torino Italy.
    Do you know RX sensibility (db) HB1B transceiver ??
    Best regards
    Charlie
    my account: ik1bzw@lechiuse.eu

    ReplyDelete